A Story with Two Ends...Tar Sands meet British Columbia
Award-winning Canadian authors Andrew Nikiforic and Ian McAllister embark on speaking tour highlighting how Alberta Tar Sands developments are set to collide with BC's remarkable coastline.
- Join Ian McAllister, Conservation Director of Pacific Wild, and journalist Andrew Nikiforuk as they describe the beauty and complexity of British Columbia's Great Bear Rainforest and look at how Canada's dirty oil industry threatens BC and our nation. Ian and Andrew are outlining the stories surrounding both ends of the proposed Enbridge pipeline, from the Alberta Tar Sands to Kitimat’s pristine waters. This compelling muti-media presentation will provide an in-depth and intimate view along the pipeline and tanker route.
- Victoria - Nov. 22nd Alix Goolden Theatre, 907 Pandora 7-9:30pm
- Sidney - Nov. 23rd Bodine Family Hall, Mary Winspear Centre 7-9:30pm
- UVic - Nov. 24th Room A110 SS&M Building, UVic 2:30pm
- Vancouver- Nov. 25th Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street 7:30-9:30pm
- UBC- Nov. 26th Norm Theatre, UBC Student Union Building 12:30-2pm
- Burnaby- Nov. 26th Shadbolt Centre for the Arts 6450 Deer Lake Ave. 7:00 pm
$5 suggested donation for attending.